Augustina Shuttleworth started her career as a nurse in 1976. Over her career she has worked within variety of organisations from NHST to the Independent Healthcare hospitals. She was once a registered Manager with the Care Quality Commission for an Independent acute care hospital and also for a nursing agency. Augustina is an Infection Prevention and Control specialist, audited, reviewed and written policies and standard procedures and undertaken training of nurses in this speciality.
Augustina works for Keith Shuttleworth & Associates as their Senior Consultant (Clinical). Her knowledge and skills includes:
Decontamination of surgical instruments (CFPP 01-01)
Management and decontamination of flexible endoscopes (CFPP 01-06)
Decontamination in primary care dental practices (HTM 01-05)
Where she has audited and assisted with commissioning decontamination units, endoscopy units, operating theatres, dental decontamination practices, General Practitioners Practices and NHST Ambulance stations that included essential quality requirements towards Best Practice. Her specialties are in the Perioperative field, decontamination and infection prevention and control. She is also a qualified Lead Auditor- ISO 9000/2000.
- International Federation of Infection Control (IFIC)
- Institute of Decontamination Sciences (IDSc)
- Central Sterilisation Club (CSC)
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS)
- Infection Prevention and Control for African Nurses (ICAN)
- Institute of Interim Management (IIM)
At KSA we have an in-depth understanding of audits, and have developed packages which educate in:
- Hand hygiene
- “Duty of Care” for waste management & infection control
- Management of dental medical devices
- Prevention of blood-borne virus exposure
- Environmental design and cleaning
- Personal protective equipment
Decontamination in primary care dental practices (HTM 01-05), HTM 01-05 was introduced 9th April 2009. The core aims of this guidance are:
- To achieve and improve the standard of quality and care for all patients and staff in primary care dental services.
- To provide practices with a quarterly audit tool to assist with compliance.
- To become the minimum standard of compliance for the CQC.
- To ensure that dental practices meet “Essential requirements” within 12 Months and working towards “Best practice”.
Benefits of our services
Keith Shuttleworth and Associates are the market leader in CQC essential quality requirements and best practices.
We guarantee that you will pass the quality requirements at the first attempt and without conditions!!
Our packages have been developed using national standards and thoroughly tested. All packages are totally flexible to fit your timetable and can be tailored to suit all budgets.
Some of the benefits you can enjoy from our services are:
- Efficient, involving minimal use of the dentist’s time to implement
- Well researched, producing a legislation compliant product
Our comprehensive CQC registration course is a proven one stop shop to success. Subjects covered are:
|Training in infection control||Decontamination of instruments|
|Equipment management and operation||Surface cleaning and disinfections|
|Decontamination of impression materials and prosthetic and orthodontic appliances||Audits|
|Legionella risk assessment||Writing policies and procedures|
|“Duty of Care” for waste management & infection control||Management of dental medical devices|
|Prevention of blood-borne virus exposure||Environmental design and cleaning|
|Personal protective equipment||Provision of guidance, policies & procedures|
KSA is the professional’s first choice for regulatory compliance and best practice in the areas of CQC, HTM 01-05, decontamination, and infection prevention/control. We were the first company to offer ongoing and training support. Our service packages include:
- Information services – a range of subscription services supplied in many forms for quick and easy access to impartial information and expert interpretation
- Policies and procedures – with our specialised service we will update your policies and procedures, every time there is a change to regulations.
- Telephone advice lines – expert telephone advice on a wide range of business and legal matters
- Business advice and consultancy – we have many years of experience in providing in-depth advice and practical support in regulatory matters
- Training – we provide public seminars and in-house courses for effective ongoing learning both National and International